Saturday, September 3, 2016

Gadget to stay connected during outdoor adventures.

You are happy, joyous and strong enough as long as people are arround you and knowing the path you have choosen while doing outdoor adventures.

What if you lost the track and stucked alone in jungle.?

How about connecting/communicating with people when you are lost in a deep jungle with no network coverage area?

If I were you, Yes, I am nervous. I want to go back to the group where I came from. I want to join back the party being with friends, humming together, fighting for a snack and what not, everything. Yes, I want my fun back.

 But how?    Hahaha, this is just a situation came into my mind while exploring google about latest technology gadgets.

GoTenna is the gadget what I found and want to share with you. The beauty of this gadget is creating your own network with a limited range to communicate with your peers. It is like a modern walkie-talkie, keeps your smartphone in touch with friends and family nearby even where there's no wireless coverage. going to much details....

What is GoTenna?
GoTenna is a system that creates a wireless network that lets you send text messages along with your location between mobile phones, when there is no network coverage. You can also view offline maps.  This is not a replacement for your regular cellular network to use it for phone or going online.

It uses radio (cognitive digital radio) to create a local network with a range of up to four miles and automatically co-ordinates with other GoTenna devices which are within range . The radio and antenna is packed into a small, water -resistant and rugged device that can easily clip to your backpack.

Much more details can be found at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GoTenna .

Disclaimer: This intention of this post is not to promote any brand. This is just to share what I found amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment